cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 having issuing printing text

Jonathang33
Apprentice

My Canon MX922 prints images without any issues, but text does not print properly.  I have removed the print head and cleaned it, ran head alignments, replaced ink cartridges, updated the drivers and the firmware, and even disabled the advanced printing features. Still not getting it to print text properly.  If I print the same text in different fonts, the issues change.  Here's an example of the same file printed in 3 different fonts  (There should be no bold text on this file) :

IMG-2481.JPG

IMG-2482.JPG

IMG-2483.JPG

I'm thinking maybe it is a driver or firmware issue or a recent Windows 10 update.  I've alreay installed all of the Recommended and Optional drivers on Cannon's website for this model, but the latest Recommended Driver is from January 2016.  Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its not a driver, firmware issue or a recent Windows 10 update...

This is caused by a clogged or malfunctioning printhead.  

Try printing a nozzle test pattern.  I know you tried to clean it, but I'll bet thats the issue.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your help with this.  Here is the Nozzle Check Pattern that printed:

Print.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

I recommend you contact Canon support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays.

You will need to have a Canon account when you call. If you have not created account, please click HERE:

Announcements