cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX452 only printing small images

verahari
Apprentice

I have an imac running Mojave 10.14.  Our Canon MX452 is not printing the full page anymore, only printing the image ¼ size of the paper.  Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

This sounds like a known issue.  Are you perhaps printing from the Chrome browser?  If not, what specific application are you printing from? The 1/4 sized output is due to the software not correctly dealing with Retina (very high resolution) displays where each point is backed by four pixels.  So any software that assumes 1 point is always 1 pixel will generate 1/4 sized output.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hi Ricky,  Yes we have the chrome browser.  The strange thing is that the printer used to work fine but now the only way we can get a full sized image to print is to open the image in preview, scroll down to more settings, click on that scroll down to the bottom and open in PDF preview.  If we do all that then we can get a full sized printout.  I cannot find the software for the MX452, only the MX450.  I don't know if that is a problem.

Thanks for confirming and glad you found the workaround view Preview.  At this point, all you can do is reach out to Google and encourage them to fix their bug.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.  

Vera

the the driver for the printer is 16.10.0.0 MX450 Series downloaded when I plugged the printer into the computer on setup.

Announcements