cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MP495... had just printed pages perfectly fine, now it printed a black page

LowSpender
Apprentice

I had just printed a page on my MP495 perfectly. Next time I printed (just 5 minutes later) without having touched USB cable or anything, it printed a black page and is saying "printer not responding". The "color" and "black" orange LED lights are blinking.

I had recently (weeks ago) had problems with it saying the ink cartridges were empty, but found a way around that with a combination of button presses (forgot them now). It's been printing fine since that, several weeks ago (another flaw in this printer... premature out-of-ink notices).

So how to correct the all-black page printing? I swear... printers are stuck in the 1990s. The first company who truly makes a working printer that doesn't have these problems will have my eternal allegiance. This is not tolerable much longer. I learned Lexmark is worthless, and now it seems Canon is too.

1 REPLY 1

Ebony
Rising Star

Hello LowSpender,

What happens if you make a copy? What is on the label of the ink tanks that you are using?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements