So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or WiFi).
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!
If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.
If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.
Thanks and have a great day!
Using Windows 10 and USB. When downloading driver software, unable to move beyond Step 3, printer connection. Initially message says that printer is not detected. When I remove and replace the connection to the desktop, the message states that printer is detected, but shortly changes back to printer is not detected.
Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please disconnect the USB cable and follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MG5500 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG5500's are removed.
5. Click 1 time on one of the other printers installed.
6. At the top, click on Print Server Properties.
7. Click on the Driver tab.
8. Click on the MG5500 in the list. Click the Remove button at the bottom.
9. Choose Remove driver and driver package and click OK.
10. Click Yes and then Delete.
11. Repeat until all MG5500s are removed from the list.
12. Click Close to close that window.
13. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
14. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
15. Click once on "Canon MG5500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
16. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
17. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, please run the installation again.