cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't save scanned photos to my desired folder.

SammyQ222
Contributor

I have a MG5720, with Windows 10, using the IJ Scan Utility. Magic Garden is not installed.

I want to change the location where photos are saved, but even though I made the changes in the utility, the scan program always delivers them to the desktop. I am about to scan a large amount of photos and I would really like this to work properly.  Here is a screenshot of my settings.

Any suggestions?  Thanks. Untitled.pngsuggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I see the changes you made in the screen shot and that was for the auto scan feature. Just to double check, on the left side of the IJ scan Utility menu, did you select Photo Scan and set the same save location and then click save? 

If you did and it does not save to downloads, which folder is it saving your photo scans to? 

We look forward to your reply.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I see the changes you made in the screen shot and that was for the auto scan feature. Just to double check, on the left side of the IJ scan Utility menu, did you select Photo Scan and set the same save location and then click save? 

If you did and it does not save to downloads, which folder is it saving your photo scans to? 

We look forward to your reply.  

Okay!  I always changed the setting on the little pop-up that lets me choose which scan to use.  I now see that each item in the pop-up has it's own settings area.  That's all needed to know.  Thanks!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements