cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Canon MX880 recognized in wireless mode.

maxx707
Apprentice

I have  a Canon MX880 installed and running on USB. I want it to run on wireless but I cannot get it recognized. I am on a new Bell modem/router and CICS and passphrase are all correct (redone many times). My W7x64 OS will see the printer only when or after USB is connected. When I try to do a test page after seemingly having installed the printer on wireless, I get a 'Printer offline' message. I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers 3 times., done a chkdsk and a registry clean. The new router must be working properly or I would not be able to log wirelessly on my computer. Is there a purge routine for the printer to wipe any corrupted entries?

Getting very frustrated

8 REPLIES 8

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello maxx707.

Please perform the following to see if we can resolve this issue:

1.  Click Start and open the Control Panel.

2.  Open Programs and Features.

3.  Uninstall the MX880/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.  Ensure that the USB cable is not connected when this has been done.

4.  Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, we will reinstall.  Please visit the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_prin...

Once there, choose your version of Windows in the "Select OS" menus.  Then download the "MX880 series MP Driver" to install the unit for Wi-Fi use.  If any errors occur, please document them exactly as they appear.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I was having the same problem.  Your instructions worked perfectly.  Thank you.  Smiley Happy

I am still having trouble getting my Canon MX880 back 'online' with either a wireless or USB cable connection.  The problem is that I have not been able to uninstall the MX880/MP Drivers in order to reinstall a newer driver recommneded on the Canon site for my Win8 Dell XPS12.

I keep getting a message that my dirver cannot be uninstalled because it's currently in use, however I have cancelled every possible printing command and there are no documents in que.  How can I uninstall the curent driver?

Thanks,

Walton

Hello Walton.

If the uninstall and reinstall steps will not work, additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue.  Please contact our support group using the link below for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Michael, I have the same problem, laptop won't print to wire less printer.  I followed your directions and uninstalled the 2 programs, but not on the link I can't find the "select OS Menu".  Can you help?

Phyllis

Hello,

Please try using the following link to find the "Select OS" menu:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx882#Dr...

If the issue persists, click on the link below to reach our support team for further assistance!

Hello,

I have 2 MX885 and one MX880 in various WIFI networks. We all, Windows 7/Windows 8 computers, often loose connection to the printer and there seems no way to reconnect to it. What is the best way to keep connect to these printers??

Now my particular case: My MX885 lost its WIFI connection to my Wiifi hotspot. When i look into the LAN details in the printer, it says wifi is connected but the IP address field is empty. And in my Wifi router i cant see the printer device as IP entry. So i think the problem is not located on my computer where i already tried reinstalling the drivers with no luck.

What can be done?

Thanks and regards!

So, I just followed your above instructions, and when I went to the link, there is no option for the Canon MX880 driver.  Now I am more frustrated.  Every time I go to use this printer something happens like this. What are your suggestions?

Announcements