cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON MX410 Not Working on MAC OS MONTEREY

nickharder
Apprentice

I have a new M1 MacBook Pro with Mac OS Monterey and when I go to add the printer it "sees" the printer but can not add it. It says "Software for this printer isn't available from Apple. Contact the printer's manufacturer for the latest software."

Canon site states there are "no drivers" for this printer.  Does this work with the new MacOS?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The MX410 has not been supported under MAC OS since Sierra.  You can try to add it as an IP printer, but any OS after Sierra may only support limited functionality.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

adamsfamily
Contributor

Just to possibly help others: Canon dropped support for the Pixma MX410 since Big Sur. Instead of rendering our printers electronic waste and throwing them away, I found this open-source driver that I use on Big Sur:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/files/gutenprint-5.3/5.3.3/

It doesn't have all the configuration options (print quality, ink types, supply levels, etc.) as the Canon driver but it has been serving me for a couple of months very well.

Announcements