I bought this printer only because the last Canon printer I had stopped working when I changed the ink after 6 months so you can imagine my frustration to have to buy another one so soon. Yet, now.....This printer is not working. I have printed 3 pages previously and it's about 1 month old.
I keep getting error message that PRINTER NOT CONNECTED - LOOKING FOR PRINTER. How can it not be connected, after all, I am using a cord to connect, not WI-FI, which was impossible to set up.
1. I have turned printer on and off.
2 I have turned the computer on and off.
3 I have paper in the machine
4. Everything is securely connected (yes, I unplagged and plugged)
I don't know what else to do but it's really upsetting. I have to print out time-sensitive materials and I CANNOT.
What could possibly be amiss??
Thanks in advance for your help!
What version of Windows is installed on your computer? If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?
And just to be clear, you are connecting your PIXMA MG3620 to your computer with a USB cable, is that correct?
Please note, Canon's Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. For a quicker response, please use the link below to reach our friendly Technical Support Team:
Please follow these steps:
1. Click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.
2. Click on Printers & Scanners.
3. Click on the Canon printer on the left hand side and then click the [-] at the bottom to remove it.
4. Repeat until all MG3600's are removed and then close this window.
Next, we will install the latest driver:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MG3600 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (Mac)" and then the Download button.
3. Once the download is complete, please open your downloads folder.
4. Double click "mcpd-mac-mg3600-16_40_1_0-ea21_3.dmg". This will create a disk image on the desktop.
5. Double click the disk image and then the setup package to install the driver.
6. Once complete, please click on the Apple in the upper left corner and then System Preferences.
7. Click on Printers & Scanners.
8. Click the [+] at the bottom and then "Add printer or scanner".
9. Connect the USB cable from your PIXMA MG3620 to your computer and turn your PIXMA MG3620 on.
10. In the Add window, please click 1 time on the Canon MG3600 series that appears.
11. At the bottom, next to Use, please make sure that the Canon MG3600 is selected and click Add.
Once the MG3600 appears on the left side of the printers window, please attempt to print.
Yes, reinstalling drivers is the best step forward, I agree and I truly appreciate your step by step instructions. They were easy to follow and I followed each as outlined meticulously, yet, still it says unable to locate printer.
This is truly frustrating. I don't know where to go from here.....
This time I got it to work when I selected "PRINT USING SYSTEM DIALOG"
Are you familiar with where this option is located? I chose it out of a gut reaction and it worked. Not sure why it won't print utilizing the "print" button or any other means to print.
Any reason you know of this? If you could shed some light as to why this option was the only one that worked, maybe it will point us into the right direction for correcting the core issue.
Btw, before following your reinstallation of driver instructions, I had been able to use the scanner.
Looking forward to your response!
Some programs feature their own proprietary print interface (Google's Chrome Browser and Adobe Reader are both examples). These proprietary print settings override the default system print settings. When choosing to "Print using system dialogue," you force the program to recognize and print through the default system settings.
If the System Dialogue worked to get you printing, then the core problem is in the program from which you were printing.
If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.