cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B203 Error on PIXMA MG7720 Using iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) Running Ventura 13.3.1

BillOverTheHill
Contributor

Hello. As noted in my message title, I am suddenly getting the infamous B203 error on my Canon Pixma 7720 printer. Before now, the printer worked just fine. I am currently using an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) running. Ventura.13.3.1

From searching this site, I found the page below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mg7720

Under the Operating System Compatibility section, there is a red X, while under all other previous versions of macOS, there is a green check mark.

Does this mean that Canon has no intention of ever providing an updated driver for the Pixma MG7720?

Does it also mean that no matter what online solutions I try, I will not be able to fix the B203 error?

If the answer to both questions is negative, can someone here please suggest a newer, similar Canon Pixma printer? The printer I have now meets my printing needs, so I don't really need anything fancier.

I do not live in the continental USA, so whatever I purchase will be via Amazon. Please keep that in mind if you make a suggestion. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

BillOverTheHill
Contributor

Please note that there is a small error in my original message. I  meant to type "there is a red X under Ventura 13.0."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Bill,

Two concerns with recommending a printer intended for sale in another region.

Power compatibility and ink availability.  

Canon USA Printer buying guide:

Canon Printer Buying Guide | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Canon Sales team:

Call 800-385-2155

One of Canon's Mega-Tank printers might be a good option for you.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Rick. Thanks for your response, but you didn’t answer either of my two questions. Without answers to those, I can’t determine whether or not I need to buy a new printer. I would do that as a last resort. BTW, I live on the island of Guam, which is a strategic U.S. territory. We use the same voltage system as the mainland USA. Ink cartridges are easily available on Amazon, which is also where I purchased the Canon Pixma MG7720 in 2016. The main thing I need to know is whether or not there is a way to get rid of the B203 error. I put in brand new ink cartridges for black, yellow, cyan and magenta, but the B203 error is still occurring.

Announcements