cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B200 Error

1776blues
Apprentice

I own a MX870 PRINTER and have had it for 8 years with no problems until a couple weeks ago. That's when I got the B200 error.

I've tried almost every online fix, purchased a refurbished printhead, and then a new printhead (not a genuine canon one) and still no luck. The only positive would be the error doesn't come up right away. I replaced all the ink cartridges as well before I tried the new printheads.

I like the printer and have liked it since day one but I fear it may be toast or in need of a visit to a repair shop which will most likely cost more than the printer is worth. I guess 8 years for $99.00 would be considered a great deal.

The only thing I can think of is the printhead holder may need to be adjusted or aligned or something like that. That happened to a canon printer I owned about 20 years ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi 1776blues, 

The B200 support code indicates a general hardware error. With the error the printer is experiencing, it will require servicing. You can check with any local electronic repair shops in your area to see if they can perform the cleaning. I would get a quote since it may cost more to repair the printer then it would to replace it.

You also qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi 1776blues, 

The B200 support code indicates a general hardware error. With the error the printer is experiencing, it will require servicing. You can check with any local electronic repair shops in your area to see if they can perform the cleaning. I would get a quote since it may cost more to repair the printer then it would to replace it.

You also qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST.

Thanks, for the info. I'll look into it

Announcements