cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 x 10 photo printing on Canon MG 2400

rh2ohouse
Apprentice

Why can I NOT print 8 x 10 photos on 8 1/2 x 11 photo paper on my Canon MG 2400?

I get error message about media and paper size not matching.  Manual indicates that with photo paper i can only use and print 4 x 6 or 5 x 7 prints.

Help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi rh2ohouse,

Printing on photo paper sizes other than 4x6 or 5x7 is not supported by the PIXMA MG2400; to print on other paper sizes, you can select the PLAIN PAPER option in the printer driver instead of a photo paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ramona
Authority

Hi rh2ohouse,

Printing on photo paper sizes other than 4x6 or 5x7 is not supported by the PIXMA MG2400; to print on other paper sizes, you can select the PLAIN PAPER option in the printer driver instead of a photo paper.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes I saw that was possible but I then used phot instead of the selection the selected plain paper to be able to print a larger picture.   The resulting photo was not very good.  It actually came on better on the plain paper.  Guess I do not understand why the printer is set up this way - not being able to use larger photo paper. 

Thank you for your help. 

Yeah this is bizzare I'm looking all over the web for a solution but it seems I'm just going to have to return my Canon printer and grab an HP or something. The plain paper setting does not produce a good photo no matter how high you set the quality it is very blurry and awful.

I found the "Plain" paper and "High Quality" settings made very acceptable photos on glossy 8x10 paper on my Canon MG-2922. Just Sayin...

SixSigmaGuy
Contributor

This is crazy!!  Here it is 2022, 5+ years after this thread started and there is no solution.  I just bought a TS207 printer, that was promoted as a photo printer, because I have to print a lot of A4 sized photos in high quality, and discovered I have the same problem that started this thread.  Why doesn't Canon tell us about this limitation?  Why doesn't Canon respond to this thread? 

It’s pretty clear from the product description that only 4x6 photo paper is accommodated. 

CE3BD108-4540-425C-9676-45E00D56F828.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

If you are trying to imply that we are all idiots, you failed .  There's nothing in your screenshot that says it's clear that 4x6 is the maximum size allowed for photo printing.  Somewhere else in the documentation it says that 4 by 6 is the maximum size for borderless printing, but nothing that says for y6 is the maximum for plain photo printing on glossy paper.  

Announcements