KalishC
Apprentice

Network scanning is unreliable and fails with a 3,202,55 error. I have

1. Removed and reinstalled all drivers
  2. Hard reset the printer / scanner
  3. Reset the wifi settings (75% signal)
  4. Firmware is all up to date on the device
  5. Rebooted windows client

It scans with USB connection, but gets a network error whenever I scan (it is able to start the scanner, but dies in the middle of the scan with the 3,202,55 error). I can print over the network and I can attach to the remoteUI (https://). The network scanning fails if initiated from the printer panel or through the client (FoxIt PDF).

Running Windows 11 with all patches on the client.

Please help!

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

To try and narrow down why this error appears, we can try scanning from another device. This will let us know if there is a network issue with the printer. 

If you have a smart phone or tablet, you can use the free Canon print inkjet selphy app. Once the app is installed, make sure the device is connected to the same network as the printer and then the app will search for the printer. 

Once the app detects the printer, please use the scan feature in the app and let us know if you were able to scan or if a error pops up. 

We look forward to your reply. 

I can scan successfully from selphy, but it will not complete the scan to PC. The PC does connect to the scanner (is able to start the scan and is able to print, for instance), but cannot scan to the PC.

Thanks.

Hi,

Are you scanning directly from the printer or using IJ Scan Utility on the computer? 

The failure happens when I scan directly from the printer and when I use FoxIt PDF and scan using the device.

Hi,

If you can as a test, please try using the Canon IJ Scan Utility. When the program opens, make sure the printer is listed as TR4700 series network and then try to scan. Let us know if any error appears when using IJ Scan Utility. 

Sorry. I thought I had mentioned that scanning directly through ljscan works.

Announcements