cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

privileges/content blocked and EOS webcam util not properly installing/working

jasonbmerrill
Apprentice

why is this happening?

using a canon 70d, usb connection (I dont think this can do wifi?)

I am administrator and install programs/drivers that need admin privs without a problem, normally

windows 11, x64, 64gigs RAM, i8700k processor. 

it will only install if i disable windows defender, and only work if windows defender is off. I have unblocked it, etc - im going to make an exception, but why is this happening in the first place? Happens with literally no other driver or software. 

only happened with the newest version (2.1), has never happened with older versions 

Screenshot 2024-01-11 230016.png

Screenshot 2024-01-11 230127.png

  

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings jasonbmerrill,

The EOS 70D camera does not have internal Wi-Fi functionality. The latest version of the EOS Webcam Utility software application no longer supports the EOS 70D camera. Per your description, it appears that you were able to find a workaround to allow the software to function with the camera but please note we cannot guarantee if the EOS 70D camera will continue to function on your computer with the EOS Webcam Utility software application.

Can I still download the older version? That also doesn't explain why the privileges are being blocked, it doesnt work with my newer 80D either. 

Announcements