how can i download the software for the rebel t3

ryansosa20
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Ryan and welcome to the forum:
The Canon support site for the Rebel T3 is: Canon Support for EOS Rebel T3 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

so i want start streaming with it but i cant find it

You need the Canon Webcam Utility Software, which you can download from this link:
Canon EOS Webcam Utility Software - Canon Central and North Africa (canon-cna.com)

You might want to review this article on using the T3 as a webcam:
How to Use Your Canon Camera as a Webcam | B&H eXplora (bhphotovideo.com)

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

The T3 is not listed as compatible with the Webcam utility software, so you may be out of luck.

Untitled.jpg

Hi, I have my doubts too - several sites on You Tube show people setting it up but note there are some limitations.
This is what Bing AI had to say on the subject:

1. Download the Canon EOS Webcam Utility Software: Although the T3 is not officially listed, you can try using the software designed for more recently released versions like the T5, T6, or T712. Download it from the official Canon website.

2. Connect Your Camera to the Computer:

• Set your T3 to Movie Mode.
    • Adjust exposure settings (Manual mode provides consistent results).
    • Use a USB cable to connect the camera to your computer.
  3. Configure Webcam Settings on Your Computer:

• If the regular EOS Utility launches, close it down.
    • On a Windows PC, disable the EOS Utility Launcher Service.
    • Ensure your camera is set to video mode.

Remember, while the T3 may not be officially supported, many users have successfully repurposed older Canon cameras as webcams. 

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements