cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot install Digital Photo Professional for Canon 6D and Windows 11

angellus
Contributor

On the Canon download page, when I select Digital Photo Professional 4.18.0 for Windows,

the installation process does not go ahead.  

Also,  Zoom Browser is nowhere to be found for download

canon error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

angellus
Contributor

I downloaded the programs from the original CD that came with the Canon product

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There are both software and hardware prerequisites that must be met for the Canon applications to install and run properly.  Does your computer meet the minimum hardware requirements.

ZoomBrowser was discontinued several years ago, perhaps a decade or so.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

yes, hardware and software requirements are met.
What Canon product can be used as replacement for Zoom Browser ?  (to download photos from memory card to computer )

@angellus wrote:

yes, hardware and software requirements are met.
What Canon product can be used as replacement for Zoom Browser ?  (to download photos from memory card to computer )

The installer disagrees with you.  There is an issue with your setup.  What type of computer are you running?  

Are you using an off-the-shelf laptop/PC?  Or are you using a tower/desktop that you have built yourself form a motherboard and other parts?

The EOS Utility is used to connect the camera to a computer for downloading files, uploading lens profiles and firmware updates.  It can also be used for Live View Remote Shooting and Camera Control. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't need any software to transfer images from the memory card to your computer. Use a USB cable to connect the camera to your computer and use Windows File Explorer to view the contents of the memory card and copy images from the card to your computer. Make sure Wi-Fi in the camera is disabled to use a USB cable.

You can also use a memory card reader to transfer images. That is how I do it.

angellus
Contributor

I am using a desktop computer with  processor Intel 7generation 12 th
and  16 GB of RAM,   
one hard disk of 1 terabyte for operating system and programs
and one hard disk of 2 terabytes for text and image files

angellus
Contributor

problem solved

Thanks for being part of the conversation, angellus!  To help out any other readers who might be experiencing the same issue, please let everyone know how you solved it.

We look forward to your reply!

angellus
Contributor

I downloaded the programs from the original CD that came with the Canon product

normadel
Authority
Authority

You don't need ANY software to download files from memory card to computer. All it takes is the USB cable. The camera mounts in Windows File Explorer alongside other drives. Open it, open the DCIM folder, and there are your picture files!.

Just drag them to your computer wherever you want them to go. Much simpler than EOS Utility or ZoomBrowser.

ZoomBrowser is long gone. It and EOS Utility are/were cumbersome tools to use just for getting files from the camera.

You can also put your memory card in an external SD-to-USB adapter and plug into computer to read it. These things are cheap.

Announcements