cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video editing software recommendations

enasrollahi
Apprentice

Hello,

I am having trouble editing my R6 videos and I am wondering if you could suggest any suitable software for video editing?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What operating system does your computer use?

For all my video editing on macOS, I use Final Cut Pro.

What types of editing do you need to perform? Basic edits only such as combining clips and adding transitions? Or all kinds of video editing  workflows to include color correction, audio adjustments, compositing, etc?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hello Ricky,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my message.

I am currently using Windows 11 and I would like to perform some basic editing tasks.

Thank you for your guidance!

Esmaeil

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Found this:

How to use the FREE Windows 11 Video Editor - Beginners Tutorial - Bing video

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Peter
Authority
Authority

Davinci resolve is popular.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@enasrollahi,

The guys have provided excellent options.

Windows free video editor, + ClipChamp (basic)

Adobe Premiere (Advanced)

Davinci Resolve (Advanced)

Final Cut Pro - (MAC) (Advanced)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

JovanHampton
Apprentice

Hey there, I'm new here and wanted to share my 2 cents. Editing R6 videos can be a pain, but don't worry, I've got some recommendations for you. Have you tried Adobe Premiere Pro? It's a bit pricey but definitely worth it if you're serious about editing. If you're on a budget, DaVinci Resolve is a great free option. And if you're just starting out, HitFilm Express has a lot of features for a beginner-friendly price (aka free). Also, if you're interested in becoming a video editor yourself, check out these video editor interview questions: https://vidpros.com/video-editor-interview-questions/. They're super helpful if you're trying to land a job in the industry. Good luck with your editing!

Announcements