cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit jpeg images on Dpp4 - EOS 80D

Jonnyplane
Apprentice

Hi, I am new to the forum.   I have a Canon 80D, windows 10 pro and 64bit .  Is there setting for jpeg editing?? Unable to find active edit functions.  The edit screen and photo is there but slide bars, edit functions inactive??  I think some simple edits are possible in jpeg but unable to activate them.. Any ideas, thanks??

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Editing is designed for RAW images.  There is not much editing capability for ..JPG's.  Only very basic functions.  For best results, shoot in RAW.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Strongly recommend capturing photos in RAW.  Even when needing to perform simple edits, it will be much easier to get desirable results.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Jonnyplane wrote:

Hi, I am new to the forum.   I have a Canon 80D, windows 10 pro and 64bit .  Is there setting for jpeg editing?? Unable to find active edit functions.  The edit screen and photo is there but slide bars, edit functions inactive??  I think some simple edits are possible in jpeg but unable to activate them.. Any ideas, thanks??

Editing leeway is less in JPEG compared to RAW, but you should be able to use all tool palettes in DPP4 except Lens tool and Basic Editing with JPEG images.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 192839.jpg

Canon : Product Manual : Digital Photo Professional (start.canon)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the info. I thought some editing possible.. now I know which ones. I will give it a try.. I will also try out Raw photos to see how that works. 

Jonnyplane,

You might also try Irfanview. It's free and you can do some basic editing of jpegs.

Steve Thomas

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements