cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Connection Failed to activate the EOS Utility 3 (Mac OS Ventura 13.5) - Canon 5D4

Moeca_Shyu
Apprentice

Hi there, I want to add the film simulations via EOS Utility. But when I connected the USB 3.0 to my laptop, EOS Utility app won't open itself neither can be connected even if I manually open the Utility app. The camera is on, and in a photography mode at the Manual setting. Battery level is around 89%. Don't know why it can't connect and activate the Utility app.

1. Is it wrong version of Utility that I'm using with? Do I need to download the US version instead of the Singapore one? Cos I got the camera in NYC but now I live in Singapore, therefore I downloaded the EOS Utility 3 (EU-Installset-M3.17.2.1.dmg) from Canon-Asia page. My laptop system is a Mac OS Ventura 13.5.

2. Is it because I never update my camera's software once after adding a C-Log mode at B&H years and years ago?  

3. Is it because I'm using the USB-C to USB adapter to connect between camera and laptop?

Much appreciated for your support.

5 REPLIES 5

Ron

Thanks for joining the conversation, Moeca_shyu.

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which model Canon camera you are trying to connect to EOS Utility. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find support outside the USA at https://Canon.us/globalsupport

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Ron, It’s a Canon 5D4. Can’t believe I just missed this part, lol. Thanks a million and cheers!

Greetings Moeca_Shyu,

We would recommend on updating to the latest version of EOS Utility 3 for your macOS 13 computer. You may click on the following link to visit the product support page for the EOS 5D Mark IV where it will provide the download for the software.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-5d-mark-iv

Disable the camera's Wi-Fi function prior to connecting the camera to the computer with a USB cable. Check to ensure that no other software application is attempting to communicate with the camera since this may prevent the EOS Utility app from communicating with the camera.

If connecting the USB cable to a hub that allows multiple devices to communicate with your computer then let's connect the USB cable directly to a USB port on the computer or disconnect all of the other devices from the hub.

To confirm the issue is not related to the computer, please test to see if a different computer is able to recognize the camera through the USB cable.

petero
Contributor

There is an updated version of EOS Utility (3.18.0.1) which fixes the very long standing problem of an error message when you try to connect your camera to a Mac (not sure about PC) telling you it can't connect it, so it won't tether or download pics. It all works fine now, finally. Thanks, Canon.

Hello Petero,  I updated the app & the firmware on my camera; I am still having trouble.  Did you make any other changes to your config?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements