cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software installation for 7d

gkhphotography
Apprentice

I misplaced my software from the 7D install that would allow DPP, etc. Does anyone know the links for the different imaging software.

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

The software available from Canon support are updates & they won't load unless they see an older version on your computer, which would have been the one included with the camera. However if they see one from another Canon camera (got a friend with something Canon) they should load & run since only the drivers were specific.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

thank you, I will try that!

I have a somewhat similar problem regarding not being able to install DPP. When I try I get a message asking me to insert the CD. I can't do that because my CD drive is not functional. I've searched, without success, for the file(s) needed for the installation. I think a work around is to have someone upload the CD to Dropbox so that I can download it to my PC. I would appreciate someone on the forum willing to do that for me. 

Hello BobG,

When the EOS Solutions Disk is not available or misplaced for current model cameras, the full suite of the Canon software is available from our Download site, it only requires your camera's serial number. 

As another user stated, regarding updates available  - this is true as well, with the exception that they would require base versions installed prior.  These are used to patch or update installed versions to bring them current. 

However, downloading the EOS Digital Solutions Disk 28.2A provides a zip file with full versions of EOS Utility, Digital Photo Professional and Picture Style editor.  These full versions do not require a disk or previously installed versions.  Those without a CD or optical drive can download this as full resolution to this issue. 

Download EOS Digital Solutions Disk 28.2A here.  If the drop down boxes do not automatically populate. check and input your Operating System and environment to access the downloads.  The EOS Digital Solutions Disk 28.2A can be found under the Software sub-heading.

If this is

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That worked! Thank you Tim!

Announcements