cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAW images won't transfer from EOS R8 using image.canon, and how to choose photos to send?

jemmapollari
Apprentice

This seems like it should be an easy answer but I have been searching for an hour and can't find the answer. How do I transfer RAW from my EOS R8 with image.canon? It is only downloading JPG.

I can't find anywhere in the app on my phone (Samsung Note 10+) or the camera itself to specify that I want RAW to be transferred. I am not even recording JPG to the card - only have it set to record RAW and yet JPGs are all I am getting. 

Also, how do I just transfer individual images using image.canon? I don't want to transfer every single image automatically. I feel like I'm missing something here but I've been through the instructions, at least the ones I can find... 

TIA for help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply. I found that once I viewed the files on image.canon on my computer (instead of my mobile) I could see the RAW files. Also, now that many have transferred across from my R8, I can access the RAW on both mobile and desktop. I think when I first started transferring them from my camera it took a while before my mobile phone was able to see the RAW files, for some reason. The R8 is now transferring RAW automatically via image.canon without any problems.

I understand about not being able to select individual files unless I use Canon Camera Connect, and I can see that Canon Camera Connect on Android does not support downloading RAW from R8 (only JPG). I think where you have written "Regarding the image format, the EOS R8 camera is only capable of sending JPG images to image.canon. Photos shot in RAW will be converted when uploaded." this is not accurate - it is working for me, to send the RAW from R8 using image.canon, so I wanted to add that for anyone else who ends up here with the same question. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings jemmapollari,

When using the function to upload straight from the EOS R8 to image.canon from within the camera, the camera will transfer all (new) images and does not provide an option to select specific images to upload. For uploading specific images, then we recommend on using the Canon Camera Connect app on a smartphone that allows users to preview all of the images on the camera's memory card while the camera is connected via Wi-Fi and allows users to select specific images to download to the mobile device. From there, you may upload the images to your image.canon account.

The Canon Camera Connect app can be downloaded from the app store and is available for both Android and iOS devices.

Regarding the image format, the EOS R8 camera is only capable of sending JPG images to image.canon. Photos shot in RAW will be converted when uploaded.

Thanks for your reply. I found that once I viewed the files on image.canon on my computer (instead of my mobile) I could see the RAW files. Also, now that many have transferred across from my R8, I can access the RAW on both mobile and desktop. I think when I first started transferring them from my camera it took a while before my mobile phone was able to see the RAW files, for some reason. The R8 is now transferring RAW automatically via image.canon without any problems.

I understand about not being able to select individual files unless I use Canon Camera Connect, and I can see that Canon Camera Connect on Android does not support downloading RAW from R8 (only JPG). I think where you have written "Regarding the image format, the EOS R8 camera is only capable of sending JPG images to image.canon. Photos shot in RAW will be converted when uploaded." this is not accurate - it is working for me, to send the RAW from R8 using image.canon, so I wanted to add that for anyone else who ends up here with the same question. 

Announcements