cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Eos Utility software

mlwilm
Apprentice

When connecting my EOS 1D Mark IV to my PC, the EOS Utility program opens automatically, but when I push the button 'import pictures', there's a red 'busy' error message appearing in the left under of the EOS Utility screen, so I can't upload pictures anymore. This used to work fine for a long period of time... I tried downoading the most recent update, without success... Can someone help me on this please?

6 REPLIES 6

Tiffany

Hi mlwilm!

The community is eager to assist! To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we’ll need to know the operating system you are using.   Any other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.  We look forward to hearing back from you!

Hello, I used the EOS Utility on an XP Professionel untill half a year ago, since then I'm working on a Windows 8 (64-bit) version. I use two camera's: an EOS 5D MarkII and an EOS 1D Mark IV. Both machines are still recognized by EOS Utility and Utility starts up when I connect one of the camera's, but when I push the button 'lets you download (or import) pictures' a message in red 'busy' appears and there's nothing I can do anymore with Utilities.

Mykolas
Authority

mlwilm,

I recommend that you update to the latest version of EOS Utility by downloading the update from our website.  The link below will take you to the download page:

EOS 1D Mark IV Drivers & Software

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am also having this issue, but have a EOS t3i.  I have uninstalled and downloaded the Utility twice and am still getting the red busy. I'm running on Windows 8 64-bit.

desvil
Apprentice

I have this issue too.

I have 5dm2.

When I restart my computer (win7 64) EOS Utility works well. But after I open and close it several times it begins to blink with red word 'busy' and does nothing instead of downloading my pictures (or delete the pictures). After new restart of the computer EOS Utility works well again - it downloads pictures without any problem.

I think that one per 4 or 5 times EOS Utility does not close properly the connection with camera and next time  EOS Utility can't works with it because camera is marked as "in use".

Maybe I should restart some windows services instead of restarting whole system?

@desvil wrote:

I have this issue too.

When I restart my computer (win7 64) EOS Utility works well. But after I open and close it several times it begins to blink with red word 'busy' and does nothing instead of downloading my pictures (or delete the pictures). After new restart of the computer EOS Utility works well again - it downloads pictures without any problem.

Maybe I should restart some windows services instead of restarting whole system?

Why would you want to beat your head against that wall? Card readers are fairly inexpensive and much faster than EOSU downloads. EOSU is good for remote shooting or setting the copyright notice, but relatively primitive for downloading. Every OS knows how to see a card reader; EOSU has trouble with almost every new OS. This is a no-brainer. Why do we keep seeing complaints like this?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements