cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro

jrl46
Contributor

Mac Big Sur 11.6

I've installed the latest version of Canon Print Studio Pro to use with Photoshop Elements 2021. When I select Automation Tools under the "File" tab, Canon Print Studio Pro is an option. When I select it PSE completely freezes. The only way out is a Force Quit. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jrl46,

If you're still experiencing this issue, we recommend updating your Mac OS version to 11.6.1 and see if that resolves the issue. In our testing this seems to resolve the issue. Please let us know if you continue to have the problem or need assistance with anything else.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like an integration problem between the tow apps.  Does Print Studio Pro work on its own, all by itself?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Sounds like an integration problem between the tow apps.  Does Print Studio Pro work on its own, all by itself?

PSP is not a standaolne product. Plugin only to limited software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for your reply. I didn't realize  Print Studio Pro could be used as a stand alone program. Thought it was just a plug-in. Not sure how to run it on it's own.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This is a known problem with macOS 11.6 and PSP. No fix at the moment.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jrl46,

If you're still experiencing this issue, we recommend updating your Mac OS version to 11.6.1 and see if that resolves the issue. In our testing this seems to resolve the issue. Please let us know if you continue to have the problem or need assistance with anything else.

Thanks for your response.

Yesterday I upgraded to 11.6.1, reloaded PSP and it worked fine for a bit. But now when I select Print Studio Pro from the Automation menu in Photoshop Elements 2021, PSP starts to load then I get a popup that says "An Error Has Occurred" "Exiting Print Studio Pro". The only choice is to hit the "OK" button and that causes PSP to close. Any help or advice will be appreciated.

I don't hav PSE but it does work OK for me with Monterey and PS 2022.

Maybe try reinstalling the plugin.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I use Lightroom Classic with PSP (2.2.3), currently use Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) and will upgrade to Monterey (12.1) on Intel iMac 2017. Are there any issues with 2.2.5 working as plugin for LR Classic (latest version) in Mac OS 12.1? Yes, I read the issues with Big Sur were resolved, but no reliable information for Monterey.

Works fine for me. MacBook Air (Intel) macOS 12.1 PSP 2.2.5 LrC and Ps latest versions. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements