cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!!! EOS WEBCAM Utility for EOS R50

jaymogul25
Apprentice

Does canon currently have a EOS web cam utility download for the EOS R50 I've been trying to live stream with my new camera and nothing works I even bought the EOS web cam starter kit.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I do not see the R50 listed as a supported camera for the EOS webcam utility.  This model may not be capable of supporting this application.  Supported models are listed here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

aenerj_
Apprentice

Hello!

Also encountered the same problem but have solved it! The EOS R50 does not need a webcam utility because of its feature "plug and play" all you have to do is connect a USB type C to your camera. In your camera settings you may choose a source and select your camera from there.

If your camera does no appear in the selection of camera sources you may do this:

On the Menu > Wrench Icon > 4 > Choose USB connection app > Select Video calls/Streaming

Switching this will make your computer unable to read the camera's files so  do switch it back to "Photo Import/Remote Control" when you need to access the camera's files.

If this method still does not work. You may contact the store where you bought your camera or contact Canon Customer Service

Hope this helps!

Announcements