cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need original EOS Utility (CD) for my EOS 5D Mark ll

88mesonx
Contributor

Does anyone have an original EOS Utilities CD?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I have been doing some more digging and looked for a similar camera that came out about the same time.   I have discovered that the EOS 7D has the same software as your 5DII, as indicated by THIS document .  I have downloaded the software to a link HERE .

According to a file within the software disc (under Software Instructions Manual) this is also confirmed as shown:
EOS Utility 2.8 for 5DII.png

There is an update for this: 2.14.2a for which you need the original utility installed, hopefully you can get that sorted now.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@88mesonx wrote:

Go to the support site for the EOS 1D X Mark III. Download EOS Utility 3.13. It will install EOSU2 which will work with your camera. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@88mesonx wrote:

Go to the support site for the EOS 1D X Mark III. Download EOS Utility 3.13. It will install EOSU2 which will work with your camera. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

it works; technical changes between 2009 and present upgrade are considerable. 

it does. thank you.

88mesonx
Contributor

solution does not work because CD ROM EOS Utility must be installed first. I no longer have that CD.

No problem, but best not to start another thread, let's just continue with the original one and delete this one.  If it is not set as a solution, the first thread will continue to be pursued.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements