cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for software disc for PowerShot SD 700 IS, or can I copy my OEM software?

Vayankee
Contributor

I have a trusty PowerShot SD 700 IS. I want to use it with my new Win 11 computer. I used software that I downloaded from Canon. Now I can't find a download on the Canon site. Any suggestions? One thought is to copy the software that is on my Win 10 computer. Would that work? 

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

normadel
Authority
Authority

There are some Windows programs that are entirely contained in one place (folder) that can easily be copied from one computer to another. Most apps have auxiliary components that are scattered around outside the program folder in the Program Files directories. You COULD copy the program folder to another computer, then click on the .exe file of the program, and see if it works. No harm done if it doesn't. Just delete it. 

Thanks a lot for your reply! I will give it a go, fingers crossed. 

I now have all of the Canon folder on my new computer. that includes camera window, Eos utility, Zoom browser and others that I don't recognize. However, I did not see any files that have a .exe extension. I guess there is some way to activate the Canon app in that folder somewhere. Your thoughts? 

Thanks very much!

EOS Utility program folder is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\EOS Utility\. I have EU2 and EU3 installed, so in there is EOS Utility.exe, and EU2 and EU3 folders. These have EOS Utility 2.exe and EOS Utility 3.exe files in them.

I don't have Camera Window and Zoom Browser (that's a pretty obsolete application). But they should have their program folders  in the same place as EU. Maybe in C:\Program Files\ instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\.

Look around.  Then, if the apps work when clicking their .exe files, shortcuts can manually be put in your Start Menu. That's another conversation.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canon Support for PowerShot SD700 IS | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Go here and look in the Windows Vista section. Some old software is shown there.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good Morning ,

Please follow John's advice above. You cannot copy installed programs or files between different PC's that require installation to run.  The latest version of Camera Window should run fine under W11.  Zoom image browser has been deprecated.  You can try to install if you wish, but I'm not sure what the results will be.  It was originally written for XP.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

You didn't read my first response. There ARE Windows programs, that go thru an installation process,  that can be copied from one computer to another manually. The OP was directed to TRY it with his Canon apps. No harm done if they don't work.

Hello again, I apologize for the delay in coming back to you. First, I want to thank everyone who offered their ideas on my problem.

I have been struggling with OneDrive and its particularities. But last night I found a readme.txt file in the Canon software that I transferred to my new computer. Basically, it read that I could install camera window. but only if I installed Zoom Browser first. If I understood what it was saying, camera manager depends on having Zoom Browser to work from/with. Since Zoom Browser is not available, apparently, I guess I have to get another camera, like my small lightweight PowerShot.

I was tempted briefly to get a used Canon body and use my old Nikkor lenses, but I am too old to have to carry all that around and figure out speed and opening stuff once again. Would anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good morning vayayankee ,

Can you please post a blurb of the file that you're referencing?  I am not aware of camera window needing Zoom browser as a prerequisite.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements