cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightroom and CR2 Files

IH
Contributor

I have just downloaded lightroom and it cannot read my CR2 files downloaded from iPad. Any ideas to solve problem appreciated

16 REPLIES 16

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

CR2 files are Canon RAW files from a Canon digital camera. How did they get on the iPad? How are you downloading them from the iPad to your computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I connected the canon 5dii to the iPad as i had been advised and they downloaded perfectly. Used to use an Epson 7000 to store images but then that was discontinued as a current model and i was told everyone saved their images to iPad now

i downloaded from iPad to computer by connecting the two and then following the on screen instructions from lightroom. No problem with images take on Sony Camera which were also raw , only with the canon images

OK. So if they are on the computer are you saying you imported them into LR but they don't appear in LR? What about trying to open them with DPP to see if they are still OK or got messsed up during transfer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

They did not get onto the computer. The CR2 logo came up but the computer then said it didn't recognise them

Is this the process you used?

"Getting Photos off the iPad

After you have transferred photos to your iPad using the CCK, you may be wondering how you get them back off the iPad.

You do this by connecting the iPad to a computer using the standard sync and charge cable that came with your iPad. When connected this way, the iPad appears as a removable drive in your file browser, just as if you had connected a camera or a card reader.

You can then copy the files over to your computer using the default file manager, or using the import function within your desktop software such as Lightroom or Bridge. The raw files will be just the same as if you can transferred them from your camera or storage card."

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John

I don't know what CCK is but i downloaded from camera to ipad using the relevant connection from camera to ipad.  When i got back to Australia i downloaded lightroom and followed the lightroom instruction yesterday to import into lightroom.  The computer sees the ipad and downloaded Shots taken with Sony camera.  I notice that it has also imported some old CR2 files that were on the ipad but it has not imported and will not import recent CR2 files or the attached jpegs.  

On preparing to download again i notice that the Cr2 images that were successfully downloaded from ipad appear as thumbnails but the ones that did not download appear just as a CR2 logo. No image appears for those

CCK is Camera Connection Kit. I am guessing you used the Lightning to USB connector. Instead of trying to go directly to Ligntroom maybe try creating a folder on your desktop and then opening the iPad disk in Windows Explorer and dragging the files from iPad to the folder.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I have Macbbok Pro. Doing the equivalent of what you suggest on the Mac It tells me that the file has not been imported "import error (9912)
Announcements