cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with uploading to image.canon on a SX540 HS

davidh210
Contributor

We have had a new problem out of no where, all the sudden the service of uploading to images.canon stopped working. Already defaulted and wiped wireless settings. and after i put in the email and custom pin after trying to set it back up i get a vauge error or " Error Detected"

Its on firmware 1.0.0 and wont show the firmwareon the camera itself, and wont let me update from the camera and or camerawindow software.

I'm at my wits end and not sure what else i can do. Also any way to see error logs on the camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that was the case. I never saw him press the Playback button as was stated in the update instructions. That button will power up the camera in playback mode, which apparently is needed to see the firmware update menu item.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello davidh210,

It seems that you need to update the camera's firmware version. You can do that HERE. There are instructions on how to update the camera included in a PDF folder with the download.

As I've mentioned in the middle of the post; it wont show the current firmware version on the camera itself, it won't allow allow me to upgrade the firmware from the camera (the option isnt there, formatted a new card in the camera and added the file in the root as instructed.)

Tried as well to update from the computer through camerawindow, and says im missing some sort of XML file when i choose SX540110.FI2 file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Put the camera in P mode and the firmware menu should be available. It is not available in the auto modes.

Yes, i was in program mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you follow these instructions that came with the firmware update file? 

Edit: Make sure that you are scrolling down to the Firm Update selection in the menu. You may not see if if you don't scroll down.

Screenshot 2023-07-18 133543.jpg

Yes, already tried that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So where does it fail? Can you upload a picture of the camera screen showing the place where the problem occurs?

davidh210
Contributor

Anonymous
Not applicable

In your video, I don't see you pressing the playback button to turn on the camera as the above instructions state.  Are you using the power button instead? It's hard to tell as the camera is waving around a lot, so I can't be sure what buttons you are pressing.

Try with the camera off, and the firmware SD card installed, just press the playback button only (right facing triangle) to turn on the camera and then the menu button. Do not use the power button. See if that makes a difference. Notice step 2 in the instructions that I reference above.

Announcements