cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is EOS Utility junk for you too? Hopeful for a fix.

enajin
Apprentice

I have had my camera for a few months and have loved it so far. The EOS utility seems to consistently fight me. Numerous times the utility has decided it didn't recognize my camera. This was normally rectified with a restart of the computer, camera, or both. Starting yesterday it wont recognize my T7i no matter what I have tried. Different ports, different cables, uninstall/reinstall EOS utility, un/reinstall drivers. I am at a loss. Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix it or have an alternative for the image transfering process? When it works it is great for organizing photos as they come in the my PC. When it works....

I can run the .EXE for EOSv.3 and it worked fine. It is supposed to auto start when plugging in the camera via USB. That didn't happen for some reason....

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Just use a card reader and bypass EOS Utility completely. On a Mac, it is not necessary at all.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you told Windows to launch the EOS Utility when it detects that camera has been connected to the USB port, then could be the problem.  

When EOS Utility software is installed, a separate EOS Launcher Service is also installed.  This is the camera icon that you see on the lower right near the clock.  If you right-click on the icon, you can set the startup options when the camera is connected to the USB port.

[EDIT] Windows needs to be set to take no action.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

normadel
Authority
Authority

What version of EOS Utility are you using?  The T7i requires EOS Utility 3.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements