cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Browser EX won't launch after update

Kkay
Contributor

I just updated to the latest version of ImageBrowser EX, and it will not launch.  I am using Win8.1 in Mozilla Firefox.  The installation said to turn connect and turn on the camera, then push it to the still pic button.  I tried it that way, and the light went off.  It said it didn't recognize it.  Then I pushed the button again, and it installed fully this time.  I have the Canon PowerShot SX120 camera.  The still playback is the top button, on the back side of the camera.  It has a right arrow on it, that is the one I pushed, and the light was green.  Can anyone help me out here?  I need to get this going asap!

6 REPLIES 6

Tim
Authority

Hello Kkay!

With regards to this Image Browser issue, you did not mention if the computer was restarted.  This is the first thing we suggest you do, since it doesn't mention explicitly that you've rebooted the machine.  Ensure that your camera is the only imaging device connected, this would include scanners and printers as well.  It's always best to have the camera be the only thing connected to your computer when troubleshooting or attempting to connect.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Kkay
Contributor

Yes, I did restart it.  I don't have a scanner.  The printer was not powered up. I tried using the icon on the desktop.  That didn't work.  Then I went to click it from the Canon file, under all programs.  (I have win shell I think they call it)  Still it doesn't work.  This is probably the 3rd time I have updated the Canon software.  No problems until now.  

Hello Kkay,

You may need to consider using the Control Panel's Add Remove Software tool to uninstall the software.  Then perform a full install with the disk.  Or, if you do not have the disk, use the web site, here

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Kkay
Contributor
just seeing this, it did not work

jak677
Apprentice

I have a canon rebel and it connected to EOS Utility with no problems, then I had an old Power Shot 6 and it connected to ImageBrowser / ZoomBrowser with no problems, Now I using a different Power Shot SX50 HS and it won't connect. I've waisted countless hours unistalling and re-installing to no avail.  However, I decided to check other software like FinePix vieiwer but that didn't work either, but here's the good news, You can download a free software program called Picasa 3 and it works like a charm.  It is a full photo enhancement program that will even let you work with Raw imagery and you can move the folder to wherever you want with a single click.

Well that is good to know.  I would go back and download the last working version.  But when I updated, it deleted that one.  It has been a month, and Canon still has not given me a solution.  That is very disappointing.  If nothing else, I will try that other software, thanks for mentioning it!

Announcements