cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot view RAW (CR3) images in digital photo professional 4

Blair_canada
Contributor

Hi..me again!

I'm trying to figure out why I can not view any CR3 images that I've shot with my Canon SL 3 camera.

I've just downloaded and installed the DPP4 software from the Canon website.

I'm running Windows 10/ 64 bit

I can view jpegs just fine in DPP4.  I can also see older CR2 files.

I can not view any CR3 files. I don't see any grey boxes with Xs just a grey background.

I can see the CR3 images in windows explorer ( so I know they are in the folder) and I can view them in Photoshop and Lightroom.

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

What version of DPP did you download? 

Digital Photo Professional 4.18.0 for Windows is the latest version. Here is the latest version for Windows: https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectSerialTarget.do?id=NGE4MjI0ZWVk&cmp=ABR&lang=EN  You will have to enter your serial number to download.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

What version of DPP did you download? 

Digital Photo Professional 4.18.0 for Windows is the latest version. Here is the latest version for Windows: https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectSerialTarget.do?id=NGE4MjI0ZWVk&cmp=ABR&lang=EN  You will have to enter your serial number to download.

Version 4.7.21.0 Just earlier today

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Version 4.7.21.0"

That is from 2018, very old. Too old to view CR3 files. Download from the link I posted above. It is the May 31 2023 version on Canon's support website.

Thank you so much for checking that for me. I assumed a  link from a Youtube  to the Canon site was up to date. Will do so ASAP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how it turns out.

5DIv, You're a life saver!  I guess when I ask for advice from you Pro Guys I should follow it first right?😏

I really appreciate you taking the time both to find the correct link and post it for me/!

Cheers!

Announcements