cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unregister a personal white balance in DPP

majorcatch22
Contributor

I'm fairly new to DPP.  I registered a personal white balance using the WB pen tool.  I completed the task I was using the tool for and want to get the white balance tool back to the default.

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I'm not sure you can de-register, but just click on the eyedropper and it takes over. You can choose Auto or any other WB setting in the drop down menu.

Choosing Auto will overide the personal buttons.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

majorcatch22
Contributor

As a Linux-Unix bigot I took this as a personal challange to see how drastic an action would need to be taken to remedy this situation.

1. Reload DPP 3.14.15 - Personal white balance still registered.

2. Restored XP from older restore point loaded with DPP 3.14.0 before I updated to 3.14.15 - Personal white balance STILL registered.  At this point it became blatantly obvious that Microsoft does not restore the current registry where these setting must be stored from an older restore point.  Enough said.

3. Being that this is an XP guest system on a Ubuntu Linux system running Oracle's VirtualBox, I went to a backup of the guest system and then reloaded 3.14.15 to get the software where I wanted it.

Never have regretted moving to Linux, sure hope I never have to upgrade to DPP 4.x.x and have to buy more Microsoft trash.

Cheers.

Announcements