cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install firmware update r6 Mark ii 1.3.0 on mac???

laurie70D
Contributor

Hi~ Since there is only a Windows exe file to update the firmware, how does one update the firmware on their R6 Mark II?  I downloaded the file per instructed by the support team, but my computer can't run it so now what???

#r6markii 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

The file is also available for macOS, you just have to tell the site you're using macOS Ventura (even if you're not):

Stephen_0-1713467870901.png 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority

Just update via your phone and the app Camera connect. Easy.

Stephen

The file is also available for macOS, you just have to tell the site you're using macOS Ventura (even if you're not):

Stephen_0-1713467870901.png 

I found it using Ventura and downloaded and it just won't extract... Very annoying.  I haven't actually set up the Connect software yet... that might be the only option.  

I actually did find it and now it's working.  Thanks!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What happens when you run the .dmg?

If you don't see the extracted folder, open Finder properties, put a check in the Hard Disks option.  Now run the .dmg again and look for the folder on your desktop.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Good.  Sounds like you got it.  😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements