cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How download pictures Rebel SL1 to MacBook Air

GJR1
Apprentice

I am very new to this. I recently purchased a Rebel SL1 with lenses, etc. A lightly used package and have taken some pictures and would like to load them into my MacBook Air (or maybe to my iPhone?) But now I am very confused. If someone could shed some light on this and help me I would be very grateful, thank you, Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I want to thank the two quick responses I have received. Thank you community. But, I think I just discovered my problem. I purchased this camera package shortly before heading to Costa Rica for the winter, thinking I would learn it/use it down here for birds, etc. Something I've always wanted to do. Long story short - I needed a card reader so I bought one before leaving. However, the reader has an USB cable connector and the MacBook has an USB-C port. So I went to the local Walmart here and found what I thought was an adapter for USB to USB-C. I goofed. I instead bought a charger that will connect to either. It was the only thing there that had a fitting for both and I didn't read the fine print (in Spanish). My options here are limited so I guess I'll wait until I get home. I want to thank you again for helping. I have learned much about the camera and am already feeling a bit confident. I just wish I could look at my pictures on something other than the viewfinder.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@GJR1 wrote:

I am very new to this. I recently purchased a Rebel SL1 with lenses, etc. A lightly used package and have taken some pictures and would like to load them into my MacBook Air (or maybe to my iPhone?) But now I am very confused. If someone could shed some light on this and help me I would be very grateful, thank you, Gary

Welcome.

The least troublesome way to download images from your camera is to use a card reader. 

You can connect the camera to the computer using a cable, but depending on the type of computer that can sometimes be a problem.

You can get your camera manual here: eos-rebelsl1-100d-im6-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

Screenshot 2024-02-15 150554.jpg

Note that while Canon provides software you don't actually need the Canon software.

Both Mac and Windows computers come with photo software as well.

But a very good editing software is Canon DPP, free to download.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

However, if you have a USB cable, you should be able to plug into the camera and macbook and Photos should automagically open. If it does not, launch Image Capture from the Apps folder and set it to open Photos when a camera is plugged in (press the 3 little dots).

I want to thank the two quick responses I have received. Thank you community. But, I think I just discovered my problem. I purchased this camera package shortly before heading to Costa Rica for the winter, thinking I would learn it/use it down here for birds, etc. Something I've always wanted to do. Long story short - I needed a card reader so I bought one before leaving. However, the reader has an USB cable connector and the MacBook has an USB-C port. So I went to the local Walmart here and found what I thought was an adapter for USB to USB-C. I goofed. I instead bought a charger that will connect to either. It was the only thing there that had a fitting for both and I didn't read the fine print (in Spanish). My options here are limited so I guess I'll wait until I get home. I want to thank you again for helping. I have learned much about the camera and am already feeling a bit confident. I just wish I could look at my pictures on something other than the viewfinder.  

Announcements