cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Utility problem

alexpado
Apprentice

Hi to all,

I have a problem with the Eos Utility Software.

I have the OS Windows 8, and I installed the last version of EOS Uility 2.12 compatibility with the new OS.

When I connect my EOS 5D MKIII or the 7D the EOS Utility not recognized the camera.

The drivers are installed , all the others programs works fine with the cameras.

Someone have a suggestion ? Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was having the same issue with EOS Utility not seeing my D60.
In Device Manager, do you see any other devices other than your camera under "Portable Devices"? Under mine, I have listed 4 removable media drives "SD, CF, etc.) that corresponded to my All-in-one Internal USB2.0 connector Card Reader. Each slot is shown as a drive letter. I disabled all four drives by right clicking each one and choosing "Disable" Once that was complete I plugged the camera back in and started the Eos Utility. Camera was now fully recognized. I can still use the media slots even with each drive being disabled.
Good Luck
Rich

View solution in original post

132 REPLIES 132

I was having the same issue with EOS Utility not seeing my D60.
In Device Manager, do you see any other devices other than your camera under "Portable Devices"? Under mine, I have listed 4 removable media drives "SD, CF, etc.) that corresponded to my All-in-one Internal USB2.0 connector Card Reader. Each slot is shown as a drive letter. I disabled all four drives by right clicking each one and choosing "Disable" Once that was complete I plugged the camera back in and started the Eos Utility. Camera was now fully recognized. I can still use the media slots even with each drive being disabled.
Good Luck
Rich

richk107 has identified the key to the problem.

I first disabled all the entries in the 'portable devices' tab in device manager and voila the EOS utility detects a camera attached.

I then went thru each entry enable them one at a time and checking the EOS utility. One particular drive was the cause, which is the drive mapped for the ms/ms-pro memory card slot.

Seems the detection mechanism needs to be reworked a little, though at least there is a work around in the meantime.

I didn't have any problem with my EOS Utitily until update Window 8 to 8-1. I've tried to uninstall driver and EOS Utility still won't recognize my Canon 60D as it was before update window.

HI

I've also updated to 8.1 and now im back to square 1 - eos wont recognise the camera

Argghhhh

I had the latest version working on 8.1 for several days, several.   I was setting up remote shots with the camera control.

All of a sudden the software wont even boot.

Reports back,

EOS utility has stopped working!

Uninstalled it reinstalled it.    Nuthin!

i was thinking of purchasing a new laptop,  but 80% of the reason was to run this software with my camera for remote shots.

Now im hesitant.

Ok, i fixed my problem. The EOS Utility update killed my program. I must of updated it after the several days i was running it.
Windows 8.1 32. Original disk install version and im up and running.

I recently update EOS Utility to version 2.13.25 updater for Windows. After that every thing was back to normal again.

I have the same problem, and I think it might be related to the patches Microsoft is always forcing onto their Windows 7 environment where they say they are uploading patches and please don't log off.  The EOS utility worked (though not smoothly) before Microsoft put 12 patches on my machine last week.  Then I got exactly what I see on your screen.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the utility, and it does not work.  I still get the same screen you show there.  Has anyone responded?

I have uninstalled the eos utility program and reinstalled it.  The only part of the program I can get to work is the Monitor folder.  I was using an HDMI cable and i could not get anything to recognize.  I swithced to the AB/usb cable and plug in the camera and the cmaera control flashes on the screen and disappears.  I have win8 and in my property manager I don't have a portable device section.  

I called canon and got the scoop.  The disk that comes with your camera is eos utility, so there is a newer version and you can get the download at www.canoneos.com. The newer version is EOS UTILITY 2.   Select your camera from the list of cameras.  Mine is T3i.  Select drivers and software.  Select your operating system, and then select software.  Select EOS utility 2.14.0 updater for Windows.  Select agree and start download.  Once downloaded select exe and follow the prompts.  Once downloaded there will not be an icon on your desktop.  Select programs and and canon eos utility with a sub menu for eos utility 2.  Good luck and I hope this has helped others out.  

Announcements