cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS webcam utility pro not launching

lotusgg
Contributor

Hello,

I have an issue with the EOS webcam utility pro. It will not launch and I have a few things I observed during my investigation on the matter.

1- Eos webcam utility pro.exe opens 4 instances visible on task manager

2- When I click EOS webcam utility pro, the process/service EWCService.exe starts glitching and keeps starting and stopping itself every second. A APPCRASH event is generated and visible on windows's event viewer with the following exception code: 0xc000001d

3- An instance of google crash handler opens immediatelly after an attempt at oppening eos webcam utility pro for the first time after a reboot.

4-Werfault.exe also keeps popping on and off the task manager

What I tried and that did not work:
1- Reinstalling the app

2- Opening in admin mode/compatibility mode

3- Opening it with the camera plugged or unplugged

4- Checking logs at C:\User\...\AppData\Roaming\EOS-Webcam-Utility\EOS Webcam Utility Pro\logs

5- Opening it via cmd/powershell. It returns an error every second forever:

[addon] error disabling headless mode

Setup:

i5-2400

Amd RX 6400

12gb ram

Windows 11 (up to date, all drivers and frameworks also up to date)
Have tried on windows 10 as well, same results

Canon rebel t6, connected with a good quality USB connector and wifi is turned off 

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Before we go any further, did you build this computer yourself?  I think you have a mismatch between your motherboard and operating system.  Your CPU is old and no longer supported.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/52207/intel-core-i52400-processor-6m-cache-up-t... 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes I built it myself. And I don't think it is that old and age should not be an issue. The CPU is not supported by Intel in cases of warranty and after sale support. It has nothing to do with the case we have in hand.

“ Yes I built it myself. And I don't think it is that old and age should not be an issue.

That’s what I thought.  I am not able to assist you.  Good Luck.  Have a nice day.

@Waddizzle wrote:

“ Yes I built it myself. And I don't think it is that old and age should not be an issue.

That’s what I thought.  I am not able to assist you.  Good Luck.  Have a nice day.

Your CPU and motherboard need a firmware update for Windows 11.  Your CPU has different firmware downloads to run Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8/8.1.  

Support was discontinued before they released Windows 10 firmware.  I doubt if a firmware update to run Windows 11 is forthcoming.

Good Luck.  Have a nice day.

CPU firmware or support has nothing to do with only canon software not working properly. It only means I can't go on Intel forums and demand a fix for a vulnerability that appears long after the support is discontinued. I don't have any issue running anything else on this system and I don't think that Intel's support being discontinued mean anything at all in this case, since this is canons support, not Intel's.

Eaaa
Apprentice

same issue here i have a relatively new pc too and i didnt build it

i9 10850k

asus rog z490 maximus xii extreme

gigabyte rtx 3090

I've tried the same stuff on a another pc same problem

Pyrem
Apprentice

How fascinating that this hasn't been fixed! I also noticed that the Canon Webcam Utility is not opening. I even bought Camlink and spent around $300 on all the accessories. I found Camlink useless, and now I'm stuck trying to start the streaming system. I feel like I wasted all the money, and Canon was a bad choice because I see a stupid response to the issue. 

Announcements