cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility drops connection to EOS 80D after 15 minutes of livestreaming

justinkroehler
Apprentice

Hi so Im trying to use My canon 80D as my streaming camera for twitch through OBS. I have everything set up and it works great for about 15-30 minutes and occasionally up to an hour but then randomly EOS Webcam Utility Pro will sho the white cord with a Red X above it causing the image to be disconnected. I havent been able to figure out how to fix it and Ive trie dropping the output resolution, frames, etc...

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

There are a couple things you can check which might cause the camera to disconnect or go to sleep after a period. First check that the [Auto Power Off] is disabled. Next I suggest trying a different USB cable and/or port. If your USB cable is very long or if you are plugging into a USB hub rather than the computer itself then a disruption can cause a temporary disconnect.

Beyond that, it is possible the camera is overheating and shutting down, but the camera would likely be warm to the touch if this is the case.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would leave all power savings settings in the default settings.  If you have changed anything, I recommend setting it back to factory default.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements