cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility Beta not installing correctly not creating shortcuts & not launching no .exe file

e11world
Apprentice

I installed using EOS-Webcam-Utility-Beta file for the 80D

In the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\EOS Webcam Utility Beta I only see these files

EDSDK.dll
EdsImage.dll
EOS Webcam Utility Software EULA.rtf
eos-webcam-utility-beta-x86.ax
<DIR> x64

and inside the x64 folder there is

EDSDK.dll

EdsImage.dll

eos-webcam-utility-beta-x64.ax

Not finding a way to actually launch the program and can't find an exe file anywhere. I've installed the 80D download on two Windows10 machines and so far still the same issue

Please help me just get it installed properly I guess. It goes through installation process normally without errors and after restart, nothing happens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

The EOS Webcam Utility Beta does not function as an independant program, you can think of it more like a plugin. Once you have run through the installation of the Utility, you will want to set your EOS 80D to movie mode and then connect it to your PC via USB. Then you will open your webconferencing software and the EOS Webcam Utility Beta should populate as an option when selecting which webcam you would like to use.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

The EOS Webcam Utility Beta does not function as an independant program, you can think of it more like a plugin. Once you have run through the installation of the Utility, you will want to set your EOS 80D to movie mode and then connect it to your PC via USB. Then you will open your webconferencing software and the EOS Webcam Utility Beta should populate as an option when selecting which webcam you would like to use.

e11world
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply.
I tried it on another PC as my laptop wasn't showing that and wasn't connecting if so. Now if worked so thank you.
The thing is that I've seen videos that show software of Webcam utility and EOS utility as well.
Announcements