cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Pro V2.0 instantly freezes using OBS when sending virtual camera feed to Zoom

JohnnyKazoo
Contributor

After updating the EOS Webcam to V2.0 Pro, the EOS webcam feed freezes in OBS software whenever I send the start the virtual camera and select that input in Zoom. This did not happen previously but there were other issues connecting to the camera in V1.x of the webcam software. I have deleted and reinstalled the OBS software, but that did not help at all. My little USB camera works fine. It seems to work just fine until I actually start Zoom and start the virtual camera in OBS. As soon as I start the virtual camera, the EOS Webcam freezes. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone found a “fix” for it? Computer is iMac with Intel processor running Monterey.

11 REPLIES 11

JohnnyKazoo
Contributor

Fortunately, I still had the 1.0 installer so I could revert to the previous version that worked. It’s really a shame that the new version breaks OBS.

@JohnnyKazoo wrote:

Fortunately, I still had the 1.0 installer so I could revert to the previous version that worked. It’s really a shame that the new version breaks OBS.

How do you know that the latest version of OBS isn’t the problem?  I have [heard] a couple of reports about the latest update to OBS crashing with a “Clean HDMI” signal.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I recommend that you visit OBSproject dot com.  

Thanks for the feedback!  I don’t know if it’s OBS or not, but I suspect it’s a problem with them. I posted on their community first and thought someone here might have advice as well. Canon does claim compatibility with OBS, which appears to be no longer the case. I’m not sure which company needs to work it out, but OBS should be contacting Canon to figure out how to fix it. In the mean time canon should make it easier to find the beta version until compatibility issues are worked out.

As you can see from the link that I provided, OBS has a host of its own issues. OBS has been crashing on its own accord.  It does not need to interact with other apps to crash. 

It is not Canon’s responsibility fix the OBS app, especially when all the issues began immediately following an OBS update to their software.  Canon had not updated their software when the issues began, either.

Furthermore, I do not think Canon actually guarantees their software is compatible with third party applications.  Canon has merely compiled and published a list of third party apps that were compatible with the Canon Webcam Utility at the time of their testing.

Mine does the same when using my DSLR and EOS 2.0... Its really bad. I had to buy another camera so I could work. I could revert back to 1.0 (which i may do) but this is a short term fix... Please get this fixed for us!

Its not an OBS problem... it happends in Zoom too and other streaming platforms. BTW

@mcassara wrote:

Mine does the same when using my DSLR and EOS 2.0... Its really bad. I had to buy another camera so I could work. I could revert back to 1.0 (which i may do) but this is a short term fix... Please get this fixed for us!

Its not an OBS problem... it happends in Zoom too and other streaming platforms. BTW

I strongly recommend that you start a new thread for your issue.  Thanks!

Please start another thread. Since it’s not just OBS and with enough voices, it may get Canon’s attention.

Same with me brother

Announcements