cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility won't load on my M1 Mac running Monterey

cgregori
Apprentice

When I try to install the EOS utility 3.16.12 the program won't go past the Extracting Files window.  It flashes in my program bar below and goes away.  Is there a solution to this?  I'd like to tether my Rebel t7i to my mac.

Thanks,
Chris

6 REPLIES 6

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

When the files are extracted you should see a new icon appear on your Mac desktop, this new selection will contain the installer for EOS Utility.

cgregori
Apprentice

Yeah, and after opening the installer, the program never shows up.  

Did you double click the icon that looks like an opened box?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

cgregori
Apprentice

Yep.  It does the extraction and then flashes an icon in my dock that disappears immediately.  

Is there an earlier version of EOSU on your computer?

If you go to System Settings->Privacy & Security is there a permission asking to be approved? Should be perhaps Universal Installer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

fishmanxxx
Apprentice

I spent some time with Apple Tech Support and they patiently went through the Privacy & Security settings with me but that did nothing to permit the full extraction The only way it was solved was by logging off my account and logging onto a different account (same name) and voila the software successfully loaded. I haven't gone through the security settings of these two accounts but they're both administrator accounts. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements