cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility not working after upgrade to macOS Sonoma 14.5

Mostly_Birds
Apprentice

I upgraded to MacOS 14.5. It seems to have broken EOS Utility; I cannot download photos. My Canon R5 worked fine with EOS Utility under MacOS 12. It shows as connected but no photos are displayed nd the dialog is grayed-out. 

Is there a workaround?

Jim DeWitt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Mostly_Birds wrote:

I upgraded to MacOS 14.5. It seems to have broken EOS Utility; I cannot download photos. My Canon R5 worked fine with EOS Utility under MacOS 12. It shows as connected but no photos are displayed nd the dialog is grayed-out. 

Is there a workaround?

Jim DeWitt

If you are just looking to download photos you could use Apple Image Capture.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WayneF11
Apprentice

Hi,

I read your issue and I have a suggestion for you. To work around the issue with EOS Utility on MacOS 14.5, try the following steps:

1. Compatibility Mode: Run EOS Utility in compatibility mode for MacOS 12. Right-click the application, choose “Get Info,” and select the compatibility mode option.
  2. Check Canon Support: Visit Canon’s support website for any updates or patches specifically addressing MacOS 14.5 compatibility issues with EOS Utility.

These steps should help you get back to downloading photos from your Canon R5!

Best regard,
AarpMembership

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Mostly_Birds wrote:

Is there a workaround?

Jim DeWitt

If you are just looking to download photos you could use Apple Image Capture.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks. It's a decent workaround. Somehow, in 40 years using a Mac, I never noticed the Image Capture app. Image Capture doesn't allow renaming files on import, but I can alter my workflow to do that with Photo Mechanic Plus's Batch Rename fearer.

Announcements