cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility not recognizing EOS Rebel T7

CarlB1313
Apprentice

EOS Rebel T7 not connecting to MacOS 13.0

I have had my EOS Rebel T7 camera for a while and have always been unable to connect it to my computer. When I found this website's instructions I was ecstatic until I realized that there is no utility software for the specific EOS I have. I found the EOS Rebel T7i which seems quite similar and even downloaded the program. I plugged my camera into the USB-C port, because USBs don't exist anymore, and opened the utility. The app said the camera wasn't recognized. I'm unsure what to do. No app I can find on this website matches the EOS Rebel T7 I have. In older YouTube videos I watch I can see the EOS Rebel T7 but am stumped as to where they are on the actual website. Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@CarlB1313 wrote:

I have had my EOS Rebel T7 camera for a while and have always been unable to connect it to my computer. When I found this website's instructions I was ecstatic until I realized that there is no utility software for the specific EOS I have. I found the EOS Rebel T7i which seems quite similar and even downloaded the program. I plugged my camera into the USB-C port, because USBs don't exist anymore, and opened the utility. The app said the camera wasn't recognized. I'm unsure what to do. No app I can find on this website matches the EOS Rebel T7 I have. In older YouTube videos I watch I can see the EOS Rebel T7 but am stumped as to where they are on the actual website. Please help me.

EOSU3 is compatible with the EOS T7.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 081814.jpg

I assume you mean there isn't a USB-A connection on the Mac; USB connections still exist.

Are you using a USB-C data cable or is it just a charging cable?

Have you authorized the USB connection in the Security section?

If you run Apple Image Capture does your camera show up?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@CarlB1313 wrote:

EOSU3 is compatible with the EOS T7.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 081814.jpg

I assume you mean there isn't a USB-A connection on the Mac; USB connections still exist.

Are you using a USB-C data cable or is it just a charging cable?

Have you authorized the USB connection in the Security section?

If you run Apple Image Capture does your camera show up?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements