cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility for Mac hangs after choosing Region

qmanning
Apprentice

Yes, I'm on macOS BigSur. My computer updated, and well, there we go. Got no choice now!

That said, I see that this happens frequently with this piece of software, so, I'm checking to see if anyone has an idea of how to get around this? Get the files installed?

I need to connect my SL3 to my Mac via HDMI > Thunderbolt, and the only way seems to be via this utility. 

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You should connect to your camera via USB.  If you have not downloaded the full User Guide, yet, I recommend you do.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hey Waddizzle! Thanks for replying. Apologies for the late response. 

So what you're saying is that for the software to correctly install on my system, I need ot plug the unit into my computer via USB before starting the installation process?

Just wanting to clarify.

Thanks!

@qmanning wrote:

Hey Waddizzle! Thanks for replying. Apologies for the late response. 

So what you're saying is that for the software to correctly install on my system, I need ot plug the unit into my computer via USB before starting the installation process?

Just wanting to clarify.

Thanks!

You should not need to connect the camera to install any software.  However, I noticed that you are using "Big Sur", which may not be supported, yet.  It was released AFTER the initial Webcam Utility was released.

Ah, gotcha.

This is not or the WEBCAM utility, but for the EOS Utility in general.

My goal is to connect my camera to my computer via HDMI, which seems to only be accessible via the EOS Utility. 

The Webcam Utility isn't feasible, as the sound syncing and resolution aren't workable for quality YouTube videos or Streaming.

@qmanning wrote:

Ah, gotcha.

This is not or the WEBCAM utility, but for the EOS Utility in general.

My goal is to connect my camera to my computer via HDMI, which seems to only be accessible via the EOS Utility. 

The Webcam Utility isn't feasible, as the sound syncing and resolution aren't workable for quality YouTube videos or Streaming.

The Canon USA download page says that it won't work.  Something about USB ports not being available or working right.

Announcements