cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Update for Rebel XS - Camera Loses Connectivity to Computer

hyf88
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Rebel XS that is losing connectivity to my computer when I turn it on. It connects, then loses it about 30 seconds later.

I am running Windows 10 x64 and have EOS Utility version 2. 

I have read there is a software fix to allow the camera to use Windows 10 but I cannot find it on the Canon website. I also cannot find the driver upload to get Utility version 3.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi hyf88,

The import software the EOS Rebel XS used is EOS Utility 2. That is the only version of the software that will recognize your camera. EOS Utility 3 is for our newer cameras and is not compatible with the EOS Rebel XS. EOS Utility 2 is not compatible with current Windows operating systems, so you will not be able to use that to import your photos. You can import your photos and videos using a USB card reader. To do that you would take the memory card out of the camera, load it into the USB card reader, and then use File Explorer to drag and drop the photos and videos into folders on your computer. At this time there are no plans to update EOS Utility 2 for current Windows operating systems.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi hyf88,

The import software the EOS Rebel XS used is EOS Utility 2. That is the only version of the software that will recognize your camera. EOS Utility 3 is for our newer cameras and is not compatible with the EOS Rebel XS. EOS Utility 2 is not compatible with current Windows operating systems, so you will not be able to use that to import your photos. You can import your photos and videos using a USB card reader. To do that you would take the memory card out of the camera, load it into the USB card reader, and then use File Explorer to drag and drop the photos and videos into folders on your computer. At this time there are no plans to update EOS Utility 2 for current Windows operating systems.

Announcements