cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility PDF Manual Download

JS4269
Apprentice

Hello,

How can I download a PDF copy of the EOS Utility user manual?  

After much searching, I can only find old versions in PDF, the current version 3.16 User Manual seems to be only available in HTML format on the Canon site.  This format is useless since the EOS Utility connection to the camera disables the PC internet connection - making the HTML version unreachable.  

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
To best help you, please advise what camera model you are using.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

JS4269,

I agree with Tronhard. Knowing the camera model would be helpful. I would also say that you can use the EOS Utility 3.13 manual. There really won't be much difference, if any, at all. That one is available as a PDF file.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@JS4269,

Maybe the "limitation" can be overcome this way.  Use a cable, test, configure, and learn to use the software and its features using the online manual.  

When satisfied, disconnect the cable and use Wi-Fi. 

Product feedback

Use the +Feedback link at the very bottom of the contact us page Contact Us | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

shadowsports_0-1683260270944.png

Then product

shadowsports_1-1683260350072.png

There you may leave feedback 

shadowsports_2-1683260396989.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

12 REPLIES 12

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
To best help you, please advise what camera model you are using.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hi Trevor

Camera is the Rebel T7i

Yes, I've checked the Canon support site and there is only an HTML copy which requires you to be online to use.  When using the EOS utility, the computer is connected to the camera WiFi and therefore the computer has no internet access to use the HTML manual.  I need a PDF copy which I can't find on the Canon support site (for EOS Utility v3.16).

Somehow I accidentally marked your post as a solution - how do I fix that since I don't have a solution yet 😞

Thanks for your help.

I have checked the download sites for three different countries and none of them offer a PDF manual past version 3.10.30, all of the later versions are on-line.  It looks like you are going to have to live with the link.

cheers, TREVOR

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Start here.  

Canon : Product Manual : EOS Utility (start.canon)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick,

Your link only provides an HTML copy which requires you to be online to use.  When using the EOS utility, the computer is connected to the camera WiFi and therefore the computer has no internet access to use the HTML manual.  I need a PDF copy which I can't find on the Canon support site (for EOS Utility v3.16).

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I checked Canon USA, Europe, Canada and Japan.  The v3.16 manual is only offered on line.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

I did Oz, NZ and UK with the same result.  Not many places left where it will be in English!

cheers, TREVOR

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

JS4269,

I agree with Tronhard. Knowing the camera model would be helpful. I would also say that you can use the EOS Utility 3.13 manual. There really won't be much difference, if any, at all. That one is available as a PDF file.

Ok, thank you.  I'll get the v3.13 pdf.

Do you know if there is there a way to provide feedback to Canon on this deficiency?

Announcements