cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Options Grayed Out

amandathomas485
Apprentice

I have an EOS R6. I am trying to transfer images to my mac.  I have downloaded the latest EOS Utility but all the options are grayed out. I am unable to select anything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still grayed out. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite

If your Mac has a built-in SD card reader, that'd be the best/easiest to use to transfer photos.

If you don't have a card reader, try first using Apple's "Image Capture" application to see if it can recognize your camera and import photos.

You can always purchase a card reader (they are quite inexpensive).  If doing so, go with a reputable brand and ensure the cable that the card reader would connect with, would work with one of your computer's ports (e.g. newer USB-C, or older USB-A/B).

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Totally agree with Rick. 

Macs seem to have particular challenges with Canon software - the software works fine of Windows, for example.  So, the best thing to do is keep your processes as simple as possible, which means taking the camera out of the download pipeline.  An SD card reader, either built-in or via a port, would seem to be the way to go.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you just want to download images Ricky's recommended use of Image Capture is right on. 

If you want EOSU for its other features then check the security settings in Privacy & Security. You may need to authorize folder and/or full disk access. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements