cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Compatible with Mac OS Catalina

qjay007
Apprentice

Hi, I have an older version of Mac OS (Catalina) and wondering how I can get an older version of EOS Utility. I have a video stuck on my camera because I'm unable to transfer it to my mobile device or computer. I've tried the Cannon app and image.cannon.com; however, they won't transfer video. The utility app seems to be the only option to transfer my video to my computer or the cloud.

The EOS utility app won't pair, and I think it's because of my OS. Can anyone suggest how to transfer my video when I have an old Mac OS?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You do not need to use the EOS utility in order to transfer images or video to your computer.  You can use a cable or a card reader with image capture or Preview.  Additionally, a current or earlier version of the EOS utility should be available for Catalina OS.  What camera body are you using?  Have you visited the support portal for your model camera to check for downloads.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks! I'll buy a cord and use that instead. 

Announcements