cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility - Can't install EU-Installset-M3.18.0.1 on macOS Sonoma

alienduck
Contributor

Just like it says. I'm unable to install EU-Installset-M3.18.0.1 on M1 Mac running Sonoma 14.4.1. Oddly, I have this software on my workplace computer, but when I double-click the installer on my MacBook Pro a window pops up but closes almost immediately. I'm still within 30 days and could return the camera, but would rather it work. 

I've tried safe mode and a terminal command which was intended to run legacy cameras on Sonoma. 

9 REPLIES 9

Tiffany

Welcome to the forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which model camera? 
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you.

alienduck
Contributor

Not trying to be persnickety, but what difference does the camera model make with installing software? To answer your question (should I choose not to return it), EOS 1D X Mark II

ChiefLenno
Apprentice

Any updates on this.  I see it is a relatively new thread.  I'm also having the same issue with a MacBook Pro running macOS Sonoma 14.4.1.

No solutions as of yet. Installer still crashes. 

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi alienduck,

I'm sorry to hear the EOS Utility installer isn't launching correctly for you. The version you listed is compatible with OS14 and it is compatible with Apple silicon chips, so it should run on your computer. You should need to run any legacy commands for the EOS Utility either. There are some things to double check.

The first is to try moving the installer out of your Downloads folder and onto your desktop. Sometimes computers won't run the launcher if it is still in the Downloads folder, but will when it is in a different location like the desktop.

Another thing to try would be to restart the computer using the restart option in the operating system. If there are pending operating system updates we would recommend allowing those to go through as well. Sometimes if there is a stuck process running in the background or if there are pending operating system updates they can block the installation.

Yep. done that. I've been using Apple computers for 30 years. Still it's good to be reminded of the basics. Nevertheless, the installer launches, the blue line moves about 1/3 the indicated distance, and crashes. I've even started in safe mode (nothing else running, as I'm sure you know), still no joy. I've purged ram, cleared cache, tried both on and off network... still crashes. I've deleted the original download and downloaded again... nope. My system is running the most up-to-date version of Sonoma. No proxies running. Still Canon's installer crashes. To have spent so much on what is certainly a top quality camera and be limited to the office for downloading images from the Camera is crippling.  -- Not like photographers travel --  (wee bit of sarcasm there).   So, if the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing expecting different results (Albert Einstein), then what is our next step in solving this issue?

Hello alienduck,

You may want to try disabling the anti-virus software or other security features that could be halting the installation.

Thank you for replying. Disabling firewall and antivirus have not made any difference. - very puzzling. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@alienduck wrote:

Just like it says. I'm unable to install EU-Installset-M3.18.0.1 on M1 Mac running Sonoma 14.4.1. Oddly, I have this software on my workplace computer, but when I double-click the installer on my MacBook Pro a window pops up but closes almost immediately. I'm still within 30 days and could return the camera, but would rather it work. 

I've tried safe mode and a terminal command which was intended to run legacy cameras on Sonoma. 

While I realize this doesn’t resolve your problem, I can report that EOSU 3.18.01 runs fine on my MacBook Air M2 with Sonoma 14.41. So you are dealing with a local problem, which becomes very difficult to resolve in a forum like this.

Is there a specific feature of EOSU you want to access? If you just want to download images, and don’t want to us a card reader, Apple Image Capture should work fine. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements