cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility App options are greyed out

futurenico
Apprentice

everything is greyed outeverything is greyed out

Today I was trying to connect my Canon M50 Mark ii with my MacBook Pro M1 Max. I wanted to add a filter like cinestyle on my camera. Unfortunately when I connected (with wifi and cable) my camera with my laptop, I was not able to select any of the giving setting (view picture). It's strange because I did it once already. I deleted the App and installed it again, doesn't work. Turned off my camera and then back on, doesn't work. I also made sure im in Manuel Picture mode (I also tried every other mode) but it doesn't work....
Im getting frustrated
Please help 
Thanks in advance 

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

See if the computer is asking permission to connect with your camera:

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 9.23.42 AM.png

Can you connect to Apple Image Capture app?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes my computer is asking for permission.. 
I can not connect to Apple Image Capture app, because in can't download app from the App Store. I connected my camera once already with the same laptop....

Image Capture comes with the OS. It is in the Applications folder. 

Did you authorize access?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Using Image Capture and a card reader, get an error Preview can't open CR3 files. Any other ideas for importing CR3 files using a card reader onto a Mac Power Book. EOS Utility 3 doesn't work as everything is greyed out and security has been set to accept from identified developers.

Did you check if macOS recognizes your camera yet? You can check the Apple site. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

QuiKePhotogrphy
Apprentice

This suddenly happened to me too. It works fine on my other 13" MacBook Air. But on the 15" it connects to wifi on the EOS Utility 3 interface just fine, but all three options are greyed out and I can't do anything.

USB connection works just fine.

Announcements