cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 still not working with Mac Sonoma

ktmillerphoto
Apprentice

Does anyone have any new tips or trick to get EOS utility 3 to work every time while shooting tethered on the Mac Sonoma. Shooting with an R6. The only way I can get it to open is if I leave it plugged in, camera on, and restart my computer and even then it's a little iffy. Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you authorized the USB connection in the security section?

I have no problem with EOSU3 and MacBook Air M2 w/Sonoma.

I do start EOSU3 directly rather than using the startup window.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I have "allow accessories to connect- always" what should it be?

That's correct.

Have you checked to see if EOSU is asking for permissions under Files & Folders or Full Disk access?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

EOS3 is showing full disk access. and then in files and folders EOS utility when I click it shows downloads with the tick mark to approved. It's interesting because when I leave the camera on and tethered and restart my computer it works, but as soon as I turn the camera off to change the battery it shows the "can't communicate via usb connection" error. So something weird happens...

@ktmillerphoto wrote:

EOS3 is showing full disk access. and then in files and folders EOS utility when I click it shows downloads with the tick mark to approved. It's interesting because when I leave the camera on and tethered and restart my computer it works, but as soon as I turn the camera off to change the battery it shows the "can't communicate via usb connection" error. So something weird happens...

You could contact Canon support and see if they have any ideas.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements