cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 Won't Connect to My EOS Rebel T8i Via Wi-Fi

JAMason
Apprentice

I have a 2017 MacBook Pro w/ Catalina OS. and EOS 3 utility will not connect to my EOS T8i via wifi.

I get a recurring error message:  'camera not recognized' 

Is it only possible to connect via USB?

3 REPLIES 3

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JAMason,

Thanks for checking in. You should be able to connect to your computer via Wi-Fi and EOS Utility 3. Here's an illustrated guide for how to set that up:
https://support.usa.canon.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=ART177086

If you run into issues, please elaborate on what you're seeing and what step is causing problems.

JAMason
Apprentice

I keep getting the error message; Disconnect Exit: disconnect wi-Fi and return to wi-fi function setting screen. I have repeated the steps and still no connection.

Greetings, JAMason

If you've followed the steps provided by Nick in his response and the computer is unable to communicate with the camera, then let's check to see if there is any security software or security setting on your computer that may prevent the computer from communicating with the camera. Please also disable any VPN software than may be running on your computer, or on the router if you're connecting the camera to your local wireless router since a VPN service may cause wireless communication issues between the camera and the device it's wanting to connect to.

When the camera provides the message of "Disconnect Exit" it means that the camera is connected to a device, whether it's a computer or mobile phone, depending on what you're wanting to connect to.

If you continue having issue with the wireless connection, then you may call our phone support team to receive step by step assistance in real time. They can be reached at 1-800-652-2666, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and Saturday between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET.

You may connect the camera to your computer with a USB cable and use the EOS Utility 3 software for downloading images and videos or for remote shooting. Please disable the camera's Wi-Fi function prior to connecting the camera to your computer since leaving it enabled, even if it's not currently in use, will disable the USB port.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements